Here are some new initiatives for 2017 that I am excited about:
- I am a provider for the Allies for Innocence project which provides grief counseling for families with EAP services affected by gun violence in the Chicago. Learn more about the details here: https://www.facebook.com/alliesofinnocence/
- I am attending a Theraplay training in the next month and hope it will improve my current work with families and increase my potential for reaching more families in need. Find out more about it at The Theraplay Institute website: http://www.theraplay.org
Wendy/Senda Therapy also works with Phyllis Gould as an associate to complete immigration hardship evaluations.
Wendy/Senda Therapy también trabaja con Phyllis Gould como un socio para completar evaluaciones de inmigración de casos difíciles.
Finding a balance between how much we rely on our Smart phones these days and carving out time to just be with ourselves and others can be tricky. There are some useful resources out there that you can use on your Smart phone to help you meet your goal to find increased emotional well being. I use some of them personally and know others who also use them. A word of caution though – don’t solely use these programs to help yourself feel better. Continue to reach out to others for help and support. Until next time!
Encontrando un balance entre cuanto usamos nuestros telefonos inteligentes hoy dia y buscando tiempo para estar solo/a y presentes con otros puede ser dificil. Hay various recursos que existen que uno puede usar en su telefono inteligente para alcanzar su meta para encontrar un mejor bienestar emocional. Algunos uso personalmente y conozco otros que tambien los utilizan. Sin embargo – uno no debe solamente usar estos programas para hacerse sentir mejor. Debemos seguir conectando con otras personas para recibir ayuda y apoyo. Hasta la proxima!
- Headspace http://www.headspace.com – This is a great tool to help you develop and hone your meditation skills.
- Intellicare – https://intellicare.cbits.northwestern.edu – an array of apps to treat specific symptoms from social isolation to obsessive thoughts. A great reinforcer to what you would talk about in therapy.
- Relax Melodies: Sleep and Yoga – A great app you can download from iTunes or GooglePlay to help set the mood for better sleeping, concentration when completing an important task or doing some relaxation.
- Superbetter.com https://www.superbetter.com – I heard about this video game in the press over the last couple of weeks. I am just looking into it myself. It looks like a great resource for people to use who are overcoming a challenge such as grief, depression or anxiety. It looks like a positive way to use your phone and I am going to check it out more!
Everything that comes to you,, is for a reason……
Todo lo que viene a ti,,, es por alguna razón…..
Hi Everyone! I hope to offer some thoughts for inspiration here when I get a chance. Please check back for updates and more useful information to come. Hola a todos! Espero ofrecerles algunas ideas para inspirarles cuando tengo tiempo. Favor de regresar a esta pagina para nuevos y habrá mas información para ayudarles pronto.
Allow others to change, without imposing your values!!
Deja qué los demás cambien, sin que tu impongas tus valores!!
Senda Therapy offers outpatient counseling services in the Chicago area. Senda means “pathway” in Spanish, which speaks to the bilingual and culturally sensitive therapy that is provided.
Many times, counseling experiences can be unwelcoming and overwhelming. Senda Therapy aspires to guide you through life’s challenges in a way you understand, so that you can find your unique pathway. Chicago offices are currently located in Pilsen (60608).